UltraClear RENEW, provided as a powdered beverage mix, is a medical food formulated to provide specialized nutritional support for patients with fibromyalgia and is designed for those who may benefit from additional nutritional support for hepatic detoxification function.
- Helps to address altered pain signaling and neuromuscular function associated with fibromyalgia.
- Features a proprietary spent hops powder and extracts of prune, pomegranate, and watercress.
- Preliminary laboratory research suggests that spent hops may induce the expression of metallothionein, an antioxidant protein associated with the body's detoxification of some heavy metals.
- Preliminary laboratory work suggests that spent hops and prune extract may promote the activity of quinone reductase, a Phase II detoxification enzyme.
- Preliminary laboratory research suggests that pomegranate extract may increase the activity of glutathione-S-transferase (GST), an important Phase II detoxification enzyme.
- Provides glycine to support Phase II glycine conjugation, along with sulfate and L-cysteine to support Phase II sulfation.
- Supplies green tea catechins and mixed carotenoids to protect against reactive species generated during hepatic detoxification.
- Provides zinc, which some research suggests may help reduce oxidative stress associated with the metabolism and detoxification of heavy metals by beneficially influencing the activity and genetic expression of metallothionein.
- In preliminary research†, UltraClear RENEW and a modified elimination diet was associated with a decrease in FibroQuest total score (pain and stiffness score) and an increase in excretion of certain heavy metals (such as mercury).
† In a preliminary study with a small number of fibromyalgia patients with dental amalgams conducted at the Functional Medicine Research CenterSM, the clinical research arm of Metagenics.
Blend, shake, or briskly stir about 2 level scoops (40 grams) into 8 ounces of chilled water or juice twice daily or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
|Each serving (2 Scoops or 40 gram) contains:|
|Total Fat||3.00 g|
|Saturated Fat††||1.00 g|
|Trans Fat||0.00 g|
|Sodium (as sodium chloride)||220.00 mg|
|Potassium (as potassium citrate, dipotassium phosphate, and potassium iodide)||520.00 mg|
|Dietary Fiber||3.00 g|
|Vitamin A (as beta-carotene)||4000.00 IU|
|Vitamin A (as retinyl palmitate)||1000.00 IU|
|Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid)||300.00 mg|
|Calcium (as calcium citrate)||150.00 mg|
|Vitamin D (as cholecalciferol)||35.00 IU|
|Vitamin E (as d-alpha tocopheryl acetate)||42.00 IU|
|Thiamin (as thiamin HCl)||2.00 mg|
|Niacin (as niacinamide)||7.00 mg|
|Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine HCl)||3.40 mg|
|Folate (as folic acid)||80.00 mcg|
|Vitamin B12 (as cyanocobalamin)||3.60 mcg|
|Pantothenic Acid (as D-calcium pantothenate)||36.00 mg|
|Iodine (as potassium iodide)||53.00 mcg|
|Magnesium (as magnesium citrate, magnesium chloride, and magnesium sulfate)||160.00 mg|
|Zinc (as zinc gluconate)||10.00 mg|
|Copper (as copper gluconate)||1.00 mg|
|Chromium (as chromium polynicotinate)||50.00 mcg|
|Proprietary Spent Hops (Humulus lupulus) Powder||1000.00 mg|
|Prune (Prunus domestica) Skin Extract||125.00 mg|
|Watercress (Nasturtium officinale) Whole Plant Extract||67.00 mg|
|Ellagic Acid [from pomegranate (Punica granatum) Whole Fruit Extract]||50.00 mg|
|L-Lysine (as L-lysine HCl)||35.00 mg|
|Sulfate (magnesium sulfate)||20.00 mg|
|L-Cysteine (as L-cysteine HCl)||15.00 mg|
|Catechins (from decaffeinated green tea leaf, Camellia sinensis)||15.00 mg|
Other Ingredients: Rice protein concentrate, rice syrup solids, fructose, natural flavors, partially hydrolyzed guar gum, olive oil, medium chain triglycerides, cellulose gum, and silica.
NOTICE: This product is to be used under the direct supervision of a physician or other licensed healthcare practitioner. Do not engage in any diet supplying less than 800 calories per day without medical supervision.
CAUTION: Do not use if pregnant or nursing. Not recommended for individuals taking anticoagulant medications.
††Saturated fat content is contributed by a beneficial form of fat, medium chain triglycerides, which have recognized health benefits.
Container Count Unit