Hey everyone! The December Ask Mark Anything is here and available exclusively to the Dr. Hyman+ Community. Over the past month, our team collected questions from the community and found the most popular topics to ask Dr. Hyman. Check out the video below!
- What is LPR (laryngopharyngeal reflux) (silent Reflux) and what are some symptoms of it? What is the Functional Medicine Approach to treating it? (00:44)
- Can too little stomach acid cause you to have heartburn or reflux? (6:06)
- Do you have any tips for someone who would like to get Functional Medicine testing but cannot afford to see a Functional Medicine Practitioner or does not have access to a practitioner where they live? (8:19)
- How does a person help their body recover from cumulative radiation exposure whether it's x-rays, mammograms, travel, or cancer treatment? (12:02)
- What is the best way to evaluate stress and how it is impacting your body? Is heart rate variability or a urine PH test the best way to do that? (13:43)
- What are the benefits of good gut bacteria? What do they do for our body and how are they tied to our immune system? (18:05)
- What is the Functional Medicine optimal range for blood pressure? Are there times when even though you are exercising, managing stress, and eating a Pegan Diet you may still need to be on medication? (20:54)
- What do you recommend for people with low blood pressure? (24:43)
- What factors should you consider in deciding how much protein is right for you? (27:19)
- What is ozone therapy and what would you recommend it for? (35:22)
- What we can do to help women who suffer from endometriosis and/or PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome)? (40:00)
- What book has had the most impact on you and why? (47:33)
Getting to the Root of Heartburn Podcast
Steps to Reverse Acid Reflux Podcast
How to work with your Doctor?
What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Hypertension
Why Zebras Don’t Get Ulcers
10-day Detox Book
Blood Pressure Solution
Have a question that wasn't answered? Submit your questions for future episodes of Ask Mark Anything made exclusively for the Dr. Hyman+ Community by clicking on the Ask Mark tab in the upper right corner of the Dr. Hyman+ page.
Thanks for tuning in, until next time.
-Dr. Hyman & Team Dr. Hyman+