UltraClear RENEW, provided as a powdered beverage mix, is a medical food formulated to provide specialized nutritional support for patients with fibromyalgia and is designed for those who may benefit from additional nutritional support for hepatic detoxification function.
- Helps to address altered pain signaling and neuromuscular function associated with fibromyalgia.
- Features a proprietary spent hops powder and extracts of prune, pomegranate, and watercress.
- Preliminary laboratory research suggests that spent hops may induce the expression of metallothionein, an antioxidant protein associated with the body's detoxification of some heavy metals.
- Preliminary laboratory work suggests that spent hops and prune extract may promote the activity of quinone reductase, a Phase II detoxification enzyme.
- Preliminary laboratory research suggests that pomegranate extract may increase the activity of glutathione-S-transferase (GST), an important Phase II detoxification enzyme.
- Provides glycine to support Phase II glycine conjugation, along with sulfate and L-cysteine to support Phase II sulfation.
- Supplies green tea catechins and mixed carotenoids to protect against reactive species generated during hepatic detoxification.
- Provides zinc, which some research suggests may help reduce oxidative stress associated with the metabolism and detoxification of heavy metals by beneficially influencing the activity and genetic expression of metallothionein.
- In preliminary research†, UltraClear RENEW and a modified elimination diet was associated with a decrease in FibroQuest total score (pain and stiffness score) and an increase in excretion of certain heavy metals (such as mercury).
† In a preliminary study with a small number of fibromyalgia patients with dental amalgams conducted at the Functional Medicine Research CenterSM, the clinical research arm of Metagenics.
Ingredients and Recommended Use
Blend, shake, or briskly stir about 2 level scoops (40 grams) into 8 ounces of chilled water or juice twice daily or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.