Saccharomyces boulardii is a non-pathogenic, transient yeast long-used for diarrhea or dysentery. It is a hardy, acid-resistant, temperature tolerant microorganism that is not affected byanti-bacterial agents.
S. boulardii is genetically and functionally distinct from brewer’s yeast (S. cerevisiae) and different from pathogenic Candida species. S. boulardii increases the activities of intestinal brush border enzymes such as disaccharidases, a-glucosidases, alkaline phosphatases, and aminopeptidases. It secretes a leucine aminopeptidase that appears to support against allergies to dietary proteins following acute gastroenteritis. S. boulardii augments the intestinal absorption of D-glucose coupled with sodium that may enhance uptake of water and electrolytes during diarrhea. It increases stool concentrations of short-chain fatty acids that nourish colon mucosal cells. Oral intake of S. boulardii increases colonic populations of healthful bifidobacteria and reduces numbers of pathogenic clostridia. It modulates immunity by boosting intestinal secretion of IgA and increasing crypt cell immuno-globulin receptors. It inhibits inflammatory cytokine pathways and secretes a factor that blocks C. difficile toxin A activities. Research has found that S. boulardii supports healthy intestinal function in an array of clinical settings including antibiotic-associated diarrhea, C. difficile disease, inflammatory bowel disease, irritable bowel syndrome, and traveler’s diarrhea.
Klaire Labs S. boulardii is American Type Culture Collection (ATCC) certified and freeze-dried to maintain maximum potency and viability. Many manufacturers substitute brewer’s or baker’s yeast and use lactose in production. Klaire uses only lactose-free, gluten-free material. This hypoallergenic formula is available in vegetarian capsules containing 150 mg (3+ billion CFUs).
One capsule twice daily with meals or as directed by a healthcare practitioner.
Free of the following common allergens: milk/casein, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, gluten, soybeans, and corn. Contains no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives.
Not recommended for severely immunocompromised individuals or those with central venous catheters. If you are pregnant, nursing, have a medical condition, or taking prescription drugs, consult your healthcare professional before using this product. Keep out of reach of children.
*Shipping recommendations: Order early in the week and utilize 2-day air or overnight shipping options (Options not available for Canada, Guam or PR).
Please note: We use a mylar bag and icepacks to keep product cool during transport. Product is not intended to arrive cold.
View product details
Potent, full-spectrum enzyme blend for maximal support of intestinal function.
This high-potency, multi-enzyme formulation offers an unusually complete range of plant/microbial-based enzymes that work in concert to help maintain normal enzyme levels that support the body’s digestive capabilities and assist intestinal repair mechanisms. The broad-spectrum combination of enzymes in Vital-Zymes™ Complete maximizes the breakdown, absorption, and utilization of macronutrients from the widest spectrum of foods, including proteins and protein peptides, carbohydrates, disaccharides, and sugars, lipids/fats, and vegetable fibers. As such, Vital-Zymes™ Complete can serve as an important dietary adjunct for individuals requiring maximal nutrient uptake and for those with compromised gastrointestinal function such as maldigestion, malabsorption, dysbiosis, or intestinal inflammation.
ATTRIBUTES OF VITAL-ZYMES™ COMPLETE
- Delivers a full complement of high-activity enzymes in two capsules
- Contains highly purified, filtered enzymes to meet needs of food-sensitive patients
- Free of all maltodextrin (wheat, rice or corn derived) commonly used as a base in enzyme raw materials
- Contains no porcine or other animal-derived enzymes
- Avoids fruit-derived enzymes (bromelain, papain, kiwi) for maximum tolerance
- Active across a broad range of pH conditions (2 to 10) for maximum benefit throughout the entire intestinal tract
- Supplies a full-spectrum of disaccharidases (lactase, maltase, sucrase/invertase, pullulanase, and isomaltase) to assist cleaving of sugars that may be fermented by pathogenic organisms and contribute to dysbiosis
- Assists protein breakdown but avoids excessive amounts of proteases that may irritate or inflame GI tissues
- Dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPP-IV) activity supports optimal cleaving of casein and gluten and their exorphin peptides (casomorphin and gluteomorphin)
- Supplies Serratia peptidase enzyme to help protect sensitive GI tissues from irritation and lysozyme for its unique lysing action on bacterial and yeast cell walls
As a dietary supplement take two capsules at the beginning of each meal or as directed by a physician.
Caution: Individuals with known egg white allergy should consult their physician before using this product.
View product details