UltraClear RENEW, provided as a powdered beverage mix, is a medical food formulated to provide specialized nutritional support for patients with fibromyalgia and is designed for those who may benefit from additional nutritional support for hepatic detoxification function.
- Helps to address altered pain signaling and neuromuscular function associated with fibromyalgia.
- Features a proprietary spent hops powder and extracts of prune, pomegranate, and watercress.
- Preliminary laboratory research suggests that spent hops may induce the expression of metallothionein, an antioxidant protein associated with the body's detoxification of some heavy metals.
- Preliminary laboratory work suggests that spent hops and prune extract may promote the activity of quinone reductase, a Phase II detoxification enzyme.
- Preliminary laboratory research suggests that pomegranate extract may increase the activity of glutathione-S-transferase (GST), an important Phase II detoxification enzyme.
- Provides glycine to support Phase II glycine conjugation, along with sulfate and L-cysteine to support Phase II sulfation.
- Supplies green tea catechins and mixed carotenoids to protect against reactive species generated during hepatic detoxification.
- Provides zinc, which some research suggests may help reduce oxidative stress associated with the metabolism and detoxification of heavy metals by beneficially influencing the activity and genetic expression of metallothionein.
- In preliminary research†, UltraClear RENEW and a modified elimination diet was associated with a decrease in FibroQuest total score (pain and stiffness score) and an increase in excretion of certain heavy metals (such as mercury).
† In a preliminary study with a small number of fibromyalgia patients with dental amalgams conducted at the Functional Medicine Research CenterSM, the clinical research arm of Metagenics.
Blend, shake, or briskly stir about 2 level scoops (40 grams) into 8 ounces of chilled water or juice twice daily or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.